- Combine almond milk and lemon juice in a jug and set aside.
- Place flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add coconut oil or margarine and use fingertips to work it into the dry mixture until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add almond milk, a little at a time, until a soft dough is formed.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and gently combine.
- Combine berries, cornflour and vanilla in a bowl. Transfer into a large baking dish.
- Gently break pieces of the dough off and position it on top of the berries in clumps. Press down gently.
- Sprinkle over pecans. Bake in a hot oven, 2000C, for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and the topping has browned.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt or natural yoghurt. Serves 6.
Cobbler Topping ½ cup Alternative Dairy Co. Almond Milk 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 ¼ cup plain flour ½ cup rolled oats 1 tablespoon sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder ¼ teaspoon baking soda ¼ teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons coconut oil or margarine ¼ cup chopped pecans Berry Filling 1kg frozen or fresh mixed berries 1 tablespoon cornflour 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
© 2021 Sanitarium Health Food Company