- Heat oil in a large pot and add leek, garlic and ginger. Sauté until soft.
- Add harissa and turmeric and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir through sweet potato and stock. Bring mixture to the boil the reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Place soup in blender and add oat milk. Puree until thick and creamy. Transfer back to pot to heat through.
- Combine chickpea crouton ingredients in a bowl.
- Place chickpeas on an oven tray, lined with baking paper and bake in a hot oven, 200°C, for 20-30 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes. Chickpea croutons will appear dry in texture and a deep golden colour when ready. Let cool.
- Serve soup in a bowl topped with chickpea croutons and sprinkled with lemon zest. Serves 4.
1 tablespoon olive oil 1 leek, finely sliced 4 cloves garlic, crushed 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger 1 teaspoon harissa 1 teaspoon turmeric 1kg sweet potato, peeled & evenly chopped 2 cups vegetable stock 1 cup water 1 cup Alternative Dairy Co. Oat Milk Chickpea Croutons 425g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry 1 teaspoon curry powder ½ teaspoon garlic powder ¼ teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons olive oil, extra
© 2021 Sanitarium Health Food Company