- Place mousse ingredients into a food processer and process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- To make the caramel sauce, combine sugar and cornflour in a saucepan.
- Add remaining caramel ingredients.
- Bring caramel ingredients to the boil over medium heat, then reduce heat and simmer, whisking continuously, for 2 minutes or until glossy and thickened.
- Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature or chill in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, spoon mousse into serving bowl, drizzle with caramel sauce and add toppings of choice. Makes 3 ½ cups of mousse.
Mousse: 2 x 425g cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed 2/3 cup natural smooth peanut butter 2/3 cup Alternative Dairy Co. Oat Milk ½ cup pure maple syrup ½ cup cacao powder 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla essence Caramel: ¼ cup coconut or brown sugar 2 tablespoons cornflour 1/3 cup coconut cream ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence 1/8 teaspoon salt
© 2021 Sanitarium Health Food Company